- Metroid (map)
- Hollow Knight (enemies)
- Rabi-Ribi (passive bingo)
- Split the list so that special randomizers are not mixed with standard ones.
- Changed the style for better readability on smaller windows.
- Removed the helpful resources link for the A Link to the Past item randomizer as it's now included on its website.
- Removed the Triforce Hunt sprite randomizer link for the A Link to the Past item randomizer as it violated the "cosmetic-only" rule for inclusion.
- Resident Evil HD Remaster
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Multiple games for the same randomizer are now separated by slashes instead of ampersands.
- Further standardized game names.
- Updated link to the non-passive Super Mario World randomizer to use HTTPS.
- Fixed Hollow Knight non-special randomizer broken on multiple lines.
- Added missing descriptions to randomizers where an additional randomizer for the same game was also present.
- Added note that the list excludes randomizers already within original games and ports unless an external tool exists.
Added note that the Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door item shuffler now also randomizes enemy loadouts in the Pit of 100 Trials.
- Golf (NES)
- Kirby Super Star
- Fixed link to The Simpsons: Hit & Run bingo
- Moved both Kirby games in a new Kirby section
- Updated link to Symphony of the Night's relic randomizer to the new official GitHub repository instead of Pastebin.com
- Created full changelog page on my blog
- Final Fantasy IV (randomized open world)
- Added missing description for one of the Final Fantasy V randomizers to avoid confusion
- More stuff for the popular The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past randomizer: new Triforce Piece Hunt sprite customer and updated helpful resources link
- Renamed "Telefang Power" to the its full name "Keitai Denjuu Telefang: Power Version"
- Reordered games, including new categories: "Rare (company)" (the Donkey Kong games are now in it), "Rockstar Games (company)" and "Star Wars"
- Updated link to the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night randomizer to the latest version
- Blade of Darkness (multiplayer weapons)
- Gang Garrison 2 (fangame)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (corruptor)
- Gratuitous Space Battles
- Homeworld 2
- Scourge of War: Gettysburg
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (corruptor)
Alright, well even the abridged list is now too long to fit in a single ROMHacking.net post despite its minimalist design (last iteration was 14746 characters out of 15000). I might be able to tweak it, but I'm going to have the same problem in an iteration or two anyway. Besides, it was starting to be a pain to continuously update 2 similar lists but with with some elements missing between them, and written in different markup languages (BBCodes vs Markdown).
For these reasons, I decided to remove the abridged list from ROMHacking.net. From now on, the BIG list of randomizers will be available exclusively on my blog.
This was not an easy choice, but I believe it is the best thing to do for its continued development. I never expected my list to grow to its current scale nor become a common reference, and it's all thanks to you! I will continue to follow the original ROMHacking.net thread and post updates of any changes there, just like before.
Note that I'll keep the old list in strikethrough on the original post for a while during the transition period just in case.
- Dark Souls III (items)
- Final Fantasy V (passive - forgot to add the unofficial Four Job Fiesta to the list because the official one only runs a few days a year (which makes me sad))
- Game Dev Tycoon (appears broken with the latest version but wanted to list it anyway in case it gets fixed eventually)
- Hollow Knight (abilities & charms)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (x3: alternate start, Words of Power shuffling, and a deprecated one that generates random dungeons)
- The Talos Principle
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Added additional restrictions on was acceptable or not on the main list.
- Removed the "Unfinished" tag to the Symphony of the Night relic randomizer because I was incorrectly assuming text uploaded to Pastebin couldn't be updated.
- Answered the following fundamental question: "How the fuck do you randomize Tetris?" (actual quote from Twitch streamer Vinesauce)
- Added DELUXE variant of the multi-game bingo
- America's Army (times 2!)
- Dark Souls II (items)
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Fallout 4 (tines 2!)
- Metroid: Zero Mission
- State of Decay
- Super Metroid (roguelike)
- Tetris (NES)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
- Added La-Mulana randomizer item tracker
- Updated Skyrim randomizer URL
- Standardized game name series prefix
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
- Doom II (silly enemies and weapons)
Other major changes
- Added roguelike tag to an existing Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door randomizer following new feature.
- Fixed Super Metroid randomizers incorrectly marked as deprecated and added them back on the abridged list.
- Clarified that the A Link to the Past enemies randomizer is an add-on to the items randomizer.
- Replaced Endless Mode tag to roguelike for people not familiar with Mega Man 9/10 DLC.
- Updated link to Final Fantasy (NES) and Kirby's Adventure randomizers.
- Paper Mario (a new one for items and loading zones)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (relics)
Note: As of this writing, the Symphony of the Night one is still unfinished.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Donkey Kong Country
- Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- System Shock 2
- Updated Super Metroid route randomizer link to its new official page
- Fixed Rabi-Ribi randomizer link on abridged list
- Randomizers appearing in abridged list are now in bold in full list
- Added terminology section in full list
- Removed generic file corruptors from full list
Added a bunch of randomizers for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, big thanks to Zephiles for sharing them!
The list is now too long to fit on the original ROMHacking.net post!! I kept only the non-passive & non-deprecated randomizers on it. The full list is now on my blog.
Added bingo boards (blog only).
Added non-game-specific corruptors (blog only).
- Borderlands 2 (mod bundle which includes various randomizers)
- Final Fantasy VI (exits)
- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
- Super Metroid (items - newer and better than the old one!)
- Star Fox
- The 7th Saga
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (corruptor)
- Updated link of the Dark Souls item randomizer to always point to the latest version
- Removed the A Link to the Past entrance randomizer variant as it has been merged with the main items randomizer
- shadowevil1996's Borderlands 2 randomizer is not deprecated
- Dessyreqt's Super Metroid randomizer is now deprecated
- Removed the Super Metroid item randomizer HUD from the list as it was designed for Dessyreqt's version
- Final Fantasy IV (not a roguelike this time)
- GoldenEye 007
Added an entrance variant to the popular A Link To The Past item randomizer.
Minor labeling changes to remove some confusion.
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Randomizers added to the list
- Dark Souls (times 3!!)
- Dark Souls II
- Dark Souls III
- Dragon Quest 1·2 (SNES)
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Final Fantasy V Advance
- Kirby's Adventure
- Legacy of the Wizard
- Mega Man 6
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- Phantasy Star IV
- Super Mario Bros. (area shuffling)
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (enemies)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Added link to A Link to the Past item randomizer resources
- Added OBLIGE add-on for Brutal Doom
- Fixed dead links to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask randomizers that were originally posted on forums.zeldaspeedruns.com
I've added a second Final Fantasy IV roguelike by abyssonym it to the list, and I'll keep the old one there too until I can figure out if it needs to be moved to the deprecated section or not.
I've also added a new Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow item randomizer, also by abyssonym!
By the way, there are two The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past randomizers floating around now. I've added the new one by Veetorp to the main list, and moved the old one by Dessyreqt to the deprecated section, because the latter has been seemingly abandoned and has been used as a base for the new one. It has many new features and bugfixes, so I highly recommend you check it out!
I also found a convenient HUD for that last randomizer that I've added alongside it that should be convenient for Twitch streamers. There's also a version for the Super Metroid item randomizer that I've also added.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (roguelike)
- The Goonies II
I actually found two recent Metroid randomizers made within a month of each other. I'm putting snarfblam's in the main list and Netsrotti's in the deprecated list, as it seems the only advantage of the latter over the former is an option to have duplicate upgrades.
Also, to complement the Hitman passive randomizers, I also found a bunch of nice passive randomizers hosted by Trysdyn (including a Four Job Fiesta generator available all year long) for the following games:
- Diablo II
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy VI
- Legend of Mana
- Romancing SaGa 2
- Shining Soul II
- Tales of Destiny
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
After investigation, I updated the the link for the Final Fantasy V Ancient Cave to point to ROMHacking.net instead of an archive.org snapshot for convenience.
I also updated the link to the Gensokyo no Nazo randomizer - it now has a proper webpage and many new features!
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (corruptor)
- Pokémon X & Y & Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire & Sun & Moon
- Zelda Classic (fangame) (randomizer quests)
Yes, this means that all main international Pokémon games released so far has randomizers. Pretty cool!
And with that, the list now contains more than 100 unique games, and that's only counting official games! I never expected there would be so many when I started. Wow!
Updated the link to the Final Fantasy randomizer following the 1.0 release.
I also added a playable work-in-progress Final Fantasy IV roguelike randomizer.
Added a Pokémon Crystal randomizer that randomly fuses Pokémon with matching evolution stage.
Added two Hitman randomizers to the list. Although they do not actually alter the games, they generate a random set of additional requirements for each mission. I decided to include them despite the lack of in-game enforcement because they still affect gameplay.
The Guardian Legends randomizer is no longer behind a registration wall! The author kindly uploaded the latest version on RHDN after I asked him for a public link. The list has been updated accordingly.
Added Pokémon TCG card randomizer to the list!
Added a Secret of Mana randomizer to the list!
Also added the Doom weapons mod that I had completely forgotten to include back when I added all the Doom mods.
I was let known of a Paper Mario randomizer, but I've seen a few reports that it's not working. I tentatively added it to the list with a note.
Added Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories to the list!
New randomizers added
- Super Meat Boy
- Super Metroid (deprecated)
Merged missing entries from Kaltenborn's list
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Super Mario Bros.
Also, I realized that the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes randomizer was merged with the Metroid Prime randomizer, so I merged the entries as well.
Added a new Super Mario Bros. 3 randomizer, and moved the old one as deprecated.
Clarified supported versions for the Mega Man Battle Network games, and renamed the Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem games to their official modern titles.
More awesome randomizers
- Borderlands 2
- EarthBound Beginnings
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
More corruptor randomizers
- Super Mario 64
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
More depredated randomizers
Added Mother 3.
Added Reelism mod for Doom II.
First, I added a brand new id Software section, which includes a bunch of new randomizers in it (including a No Man's Sky parody) and updated information about OBLIGE. The games are:
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II
- Final Doom
- Samsara (unofficial Doom mod)
- Quake II
Second, I also added a new randomizer for Gensokyo no Nazo.
And finally, I added a Deprecated section with old Doom, Fire Emblem and Pokémon randomizers that weren't on the list before. I also moved Catastrophe's Dragon Quest and Sanqui's Pokémon Red randomizers in that section, since I believe almost all of their features are included in the other ones.
- Ocarina of Time (another one)
- Pokémon Stadium
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Sven Co-op (corruptor)
- Half-Life 2 (corruptor)
- Team Fortress 2
- Yoshi's Island (corruptor)
Restored Endless hacks for Mega Man 2-3-4-5 that had been deleted by mistake.
Added The Guardian Legend.
Merged missing entries from the GameRandomizers Wikia
- Dragon Quest 4
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy V (abyssonym)
- Mega Man Battle Network 3
- Mega Man X
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- NES Open Tournament Golf
- Pokémon Red (Sanqui)
- Pokémon Trading Card Game
- Shining Force II
- Super Mario RPG
- Telefang Power Version
Added Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Added two Mega Man randomizers.
Added Super Mario World.
Initial list published on the ROMHacking.net forums.